Here’s my own twist on the classic flapjack. In a nutshell, add sultanas and rum. Pirates love sultanas, right? I would add a photo but it would just look like a pile of flapjacks on a plate so I won’t bother.
200g Butter (plus a bit more for greasing the tin)
225g Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
A splash of Dark Rum
Step by step
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan and heat until the butter has melted.
- Turn off the heat, add the oats, sultanas and rum and mix well. Pour into a cake tin (ideally 8 inch or 20cm square) and smooth out.
- Cook for 40 minutes at 150 degrees C.
- Remove from oven and stand to cool.
- After 5 minutes of cooling cut into squares. It’s very hard to cut if you leave it too late. I usually make 16 but these are quite big so you may want to halve these again.
Oh, I almost forgot. Yaaaarrrr!